Saturday, December 02, 2006

Nightshift at Monashee

Monashee Manufacturing in Kelowna is a buzz of activity with workers constructing metal projects around the clock. I made this image of the building last week at the end of a snow storm late in the afternoon with the temperature hovering around -20C certainly not cold by the standards of some parts of the country but cold enough while making exposures with my view camera to make it a challenge. I used my Tachihara 8 x 10 camera with a 5 x 7 reducing back and a 270mm lens, exposure times were in the range of 30 seconds to one minute at either f 22 or f32. For the past few weeks or so I have been making photographs of the inside of the old machine shop and I was looking to make a nice image of the outside, I had noticed it had a real "warm" feeling with the light emanating from the windows within.

No comments: